terms of service.
1. Clients must be 18+ to request editing services
2. All in-person appointments will take place in a public setting.
3. All costs are assessed after review of project and services requested in order to ensure clients receive the most precise cost based on their project and their specific needs including but not limited to: length, degree of editing, and turnaround time. Full payment for flat-rate services is due at completion of services. Finalized products will be sent via email (when applicable) following the receipt of payment in full.
3a. Hourly work is subject to alternative payment arrangements (i.e biweekly) depending on but not limited to: project type and status of work as one-time, recurring, short-term or long-term. Arrangements will be agreed upon by TheWrtngHouse and client. Note that payment(s) may be due prior to the completion of the project for hourly work. Hourly work is logged and reported to clients as evidence of time-worked.
4. No-shows to consultation appointments will be charged a $30 fee .
5. The Writing House will not be held responsible for any outcomes following services rendered by The Writing House.
6. The Writing House will not edit content that discriminates against any person or group based on race, religion, country of origin, sex, class, age, ability, gender, and other aspects of identity. Hate speech or language is not supported by The Writing House.
7. The Writing House has the right to choose not to edit content.
8. The Writing House does not provide graphic or web design services of any kind.
9. "Track changes" will be applied to all documents edited by The Writing House when applicable.
11. Documents will be submitted via email, and returned via email, when applicable.
12. Client should contact The Writing House to resolve concerns regarding services.
tutoring services addendum
13. Clients must be 18+ to request tutoring services. Parents or legal guardians must request tutoring services for high school students.
14. Must cancel or reschedule appointments at least 48 hours prior.
15. No shows to scheduled appointments will be charged and invoiced a $30 fee.
16. Rate for private tutoring sessions is $100/hr. Payment is due at time of service.
Customer information will not be disclosed to a third party. However, written content or work submitted that suggests intent to harm self or others may be subject to reporting.