trust Issues? don't worry, we're not your ex.
We are committed to:
- Maintaining the integrity of your voice and your work
- Supporting you in writing and developing the narrative you wish to present
- Building a working relationship with you and protecting your work (we'll never share or use your work)
- Providing the support to meet all of your writing and editing needs
Pricing and Fees:
- Flat-rate charge-- varies depending on the service and product type. Shop services
- Hourly Rate* $30/hr--extensive or on-going services or commissioned work
- Service Fee--$50 may be added to a service based on level or degree of editing , length and density, and/or requested turn-around time
- Consultation fee-- $25/hr only when you schedule one
*Clients will not be charged both a flat-rate and an hourly rate.
get it right, get it tight
The Writing House currently offers two types of Editing Services for various types of work:
Proofreading: spelling, punctuation, grammar, typos or cosmetic errors
- This means you have a final draft of your work and want it reviewed before submitting or presenting
- Work submitted for proofreading will only be reviewed for spelling, punctuation, grammar or cosmetic errors
Copy/Content Editing: improving style, format, consistency and accuracy. Adding, re-writing, or creating content if necessary.
- This means you have a draft or some content (or ideas) and need support in writing, completing, and finalizing your work.
Consultations: We'll discuss your work in depth and to develop a plan to meet your specific needs
- A consultation can be added to any service (required for packages and custom service options)
Looking to commission The Writing House for recurring or on-going services? Let's Chat.